Thursday, May 5, 2011

Three things THURSDAY-Cinco style!

Happy Cinco de Mayo Amigos!


Cheers!



For those of you that know me, you know how much I love Mexican food. Not only do I love Mexican food but I love Mexican drinks. That includes the Sangria, Margarita and not to forget an ice cold cervasa.
I think about Mexican food all the time( tacos, burritos and enchiladas). In fact we use so much hot sauce in our house that its almost a joke when we run out of it. We have mild, HOT, burn your butt off hot (yes the bottle does say this) and green/red chili sauce. This leads me to my 3 things for this Thursday....


1. The "ME" version of the Mexican Margarita!!

    Not only do I love these little buggers but these are packed full of calories so I try not to drink them or make them too often. I know you can get the "skinny" version of them BUT why bother with that as the calories are not that far off and if I am going to have 1 or 2 of these on my patio I should have them with out thinking too hard of how much I will have to run to burn the calories off. So here is what my recipe is.....
  • 6 fluid ounces tequila
  • 2 fluid ounces triple sec
  • 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
  • salt for the rim of the glass and sliced limes to garnish
  • blend until ice is crushed in blender (on extra hot days i leave big chunks of ice in mine)

A perfect drink for a hot day on the patio. Olay!
2.  My Second most favorite thing is Mexican Art. I love all kinds of art but I tend to find my self VERY interested in this country's art. I am not sure why but I went to Mexico for he first time when I was 21 years old with a girlfriend of mine on our 21'st birthday cruise. We walked threw the streets of Puerto Viallarta and looked at all the little shops and saw so many neat dolls, paintings and pottery pieces. That could have been the start or it could have been later in the years when I went with some girls friends from later in life trolling the streets of Cabo in search of the next silver picture frame. I have a small collection of these (ok I have like 20 picture frames).

Amazing piece of art for sale in Cozumel. It didn't fit in the carry on so I couldn't buy it. DARN.....
I have about 5 of these little guys and LOVE them!!!!
Amazing picture on the wall of a hotel I was visiting






Some more of the AMAZING art that this country produces.

"ME" in the bathroom at Oyamel. They have awesome art inside the bathroom. GO FIGURE?!?

NOT to forget the people and the costumes. This was taken outside of Chitzen Itza 
 
3. My number THREE hands down has to be my travels and how much I have loved it..............
Island of Esmeralda

Some of the delish fish tacos Mr P and I had on our trip over to Island of Esmerlada


Mr P enjoying him self in Cancun
My girl friend Paitence and I in Cabo (old school)
Spring break 1995 (yes I am old!) with the girls in Cabo
Puerto Villarta with Julie and Linda (i miss those girls a ton and true friends!!!)

Chitzen Itza

Tulum


So those are my 3 Favorite things about Mexico! Happy Cinco de Mayo and hope you have a safe and wonderful day!

Thank you for the emails readers on the well wishes and feeling better by Saturday. Today I woke up feeling about 75% better then yesterday. 2 days until race day!!!!!!

What are you doing for Cinco de Mayo? Are you staying home and not celebrating this day or are you running out like me after a long day at work and getting your Mexican food on?





Love,
C.



1 comment:

  1. Your pics make me want to go somewhere warm, oceanside with a beverage in hand!

    Have a fantastic day!! I'm not celebrating hard core but will be with YOU and MILO in spirit!

    ReplyDelete