Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!



Happy Memorial Day!!!

Long weekend has been wonderful and much needed. Summer is here and the weather is wonderful!! And today is the official kick off to training for my fall marathon(s)! As you are reading this I am in hopes I am hitting the pavement and haven't hit the snooze on the old alarm.  My plan is to get up when Mr.P goes to work. Yep today he should be home honoring the men and women of our country but instead its one of the busiest beer holidays so he is hitting the pavement in his khaki's and polo shirt and getting the liquor stores refilled with all the beer America is consuming. Since I am off today and have nothing really to do except wait around for him so we can officially open the pool, I figured it would the perfect morning for a run. 
the wall up close

each star is a hero who has died or has been taken from us. this only represents a small few.


So today I want to say THANK YOU to the men and women who have fought for our country.
THANK YOU for those who have died for our freedom.
 Most important THANK YOU for being such brave soles.



Honoring our fallen in DC 
This is in honor of Grandpa V and Grandpa H who died and served our Country 


This is in honor of Uncle Larry who died on the line for our Country. He was taken from us before I was able to meet him. From what Mom tells me about him... I would have loved him.


Take a moment today to remember!

Love,
C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment