Thursday, May 26, 2011

Survey says…………..

 I have seen a few of my favorite blogs that I tend to stalk read or check in on daily do a runners survey so I figured that would be another fun thing to do on a Thursday and give you all a chance to get to know this side of me.

What is your favorite type of cross training? 

Mountain Biking but I can only do this in Spring/Summer/Fall around here. We have our first 10 mile bike ride this Sunday and I so excited. I love bike riding with Mr. P.

What is your favorite song to run to? 
Of all time it has to be the theme song to Rocky but the song I tend to repeat is OMG by Usher. I have no idea why but I can sing OMG, OMG a thousand times. I know sick hu? I don’t even like Usher.

What brand of shoes do you wear? 
Brooks!!! I love them and my favorite pair (almost warn out and about to retire to yard shoes) is the Ravenna.

Do you wear a hat when you run? 
No! Stupid, bad and dumb I know!!!! Given I was diagnosed a couple of weeks with Skin Cancer I am going to be wearing a sun hat running from now on. I ordered a running visor but it’s on back order and a regular visor just makes my forehead itch. I need a proper hat.

What temperature is your favorite for running? 

Cool. I have PR’d in temps around the 40’s with shorts and tanks on so I think that is my temperature for sure.


Do you have any big races coming up? 
YES next week.

*Zooma on Sunday, June 5th. I have a running buddy running with me on this one and it is her first race too. So excited!!
*Baltimore Marathon Saturday, October 15th
*Marine Corps Marathon Sunday October 30th

What is your favorite distance? 

13.1 by far. I have completed 10 half marathons to date and seemed to find my self enjoying this distance the best. Although I have completed 1 full and have 2 full on the schedule this fall. Might also be the reason why I joined the fun group of fellow runners called the Half Fanatics. I have made some nice friends and have found a lot of friendly advice from some of my new found friends.


What's your favorite post run snack? 
Slim Jim’s from my hubby! He started this in 2009 after I completed my first ever half. He sent me a Slim Jim bouquet full of them too to my office the following Monday. Such a good man!!

The other post run snack I enjoy is a nice carb filled lunch soon after a shower of course. Ok you can't see very well and this is not a running picture but this is a crazy night in Tampa where we had to stop and get me a Slim Jim and Twisted Tea. HUGE Twisted Tea, HUGE Slim Jim and a really crazy sign of things they sold in the gas station in Tampa. That is how much I love Slim Jims. lol

 
What's your FAVORITE race?

The Portland Half Marathon on 10-10-10. My mom and my dad came to watch me run in monsoon rain (also known as Oregon weather). It was also the same day as RJ’s funeral and the only reason why I ran. I ran in honor of him in 2 hours plus minutes of rain. I was standing in my coral getting soaked. When I hit the start line my underwear was wet.

Soaked to the bone but so happy I finished it and both parents were able to attend.


Do you wear a Garmin?

Yes! OMG what did I do with out it? It helps me with my GU intake, pacing my self because I tend to go way too fast the first 6 miles and burn out. I have found if I watch my Garmin every few miles I stay at a more even pace.

What race is your favorite medal from?  

I have a couple favorite ones in fact for a few different reasons. I have 3 in fact.

My first birthday event, family vacation and PR
Looking VERY tired but my first Medal with my whole set of sisters, father and step mom. Not to forget Mr. P


I have my first FULL as my favorite




How long have you been a runner? 
Since 2009 when someone told me once that doing a Half Marathon is the hardest thing on earth. After that I thought it can’t be that hard so many people do it. So I talked my girlfriend Mary-Michael into running our first half together. After that it was over for me. I have a need to race. When I don’t have something scheduled I get a sense of depression. Runner’s depression?
My first race and MM and I were on TV too!!


Do you run with your engagement/wedding ring on? 

NO! I don’t like to wear anything that makes me vulnerable to being stalked, raped, dragged into a strangers car or even killed over a piece of jewelry. I have read so many stories about this exact subject. In fact I don’t wear my jewelry to races as well. Not for that reason but because I find my fingers get swollen.

Hope you have a wonderful day and can you believe it's already Thursday and tomorrow is Friday. I can see a long weekend just peeking at me!!

Love,
C.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you and get to you know you through this post.
    That Tampa picture is pretty hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed this!

    have fun at ZOOMA!

    ReplyDelete