Thursday, May 19, 2011

Three things Thursday-big hats, compliments & Quesadilla

1) The past 24 hours I have been trying to get my surgery scheduled and have had little to no luck. It seems that everyone is booked between now and fall. Really?!? Long story short I am going to do a post on the whole reason I am having a 2 day (4-8 hour) procedure done. 2011 for heath has not been a good year thus far. Female issues and a procedure all the way down to the latest and greatest I found out about just a couple of weeks ago.

 Let's just say I am wearing more hats then ever before. 
biggest hat ever.... where on earth can i score one of these?




A dear friend of mine suggested I look outside the box and meaning outside of the box, she was implying I look at surgeons that are not listed on the recommended paper my main doctor suggested.
 Right, what a good idea!!  Now why didn't I think of that in the first place? Maybe because I have been so busy freaking out about this whole thing, too busy running half marathons the past 3 weekends, planting 27 rose bushes or it could be I am over whelmed. All are good excuses. So this morning I dialed up a few names that I found after google searching and found Dr. Miller. He can take me in June! OMG I will take it I said firmly to the woman on the phone. So I am booked, scheduled my PTO at work and even got me a nice driver willing to take me at the ungodly hour of 7:00am up the Baltimore beltway in the nasty traffic. June 30th and July 1st in case you were wondering.

 More details to follow...........


2) After combing stalking  my favorite blogs I stumbled upon a new blog that seems to be a woman who is sort of just like me. If that can even be the case. After reading her blog from today's post to the past 3 months she came up with a funny post called "Free Compliments" I thought that was a cute idea and had to steal her idea. Whoops..... So instead of stealing one I stole the idea and changed them to be more in what I need to hear right now.
  1. Your SMILE makes my DAY!
  2. Your eyes are so GREEN!
  3. Your laughter makes me want to laugh with you!
  4. I love you!
  5. You look adorable in your sparkle skirt!
  6. You are SO generous!
  7. What I like best about you is that you don't try to hide who you really are!
  8. You always seem to know how to fix things at work.
  9. You are a fantastic friend!
  10. You are make me want to run with you since you seem to have so much fun!
3) Mash-Potato Quesadilla might just be my new FAVORITE thing to eat!!!


I love my self some Mexican food BUT this little bugger I have to say I love more then a cheese and chicken quesadilla. Last night after coming home from work stressed and depressed, Mr. P suggested we hit up happy hour and catch up. We have been so busy the past couple of days it was time to sit face to face and chat with no one around. Mom was in town for a visit so I had spent time with her and neglected to spend time asking my sweet P how things have been at work or talk about my up and coming surgery that has been lingering in my mind. He suggested Mathews 1600 just about 2 blocks from the house and walking distance.
Well we saw they had added a few new specialty items on the menu so we quickly discussed trying a new item. Mr.P suggested the quesadilla knowing how much I love them so much so I said promptly YES! I am so in love................ Ok not that I can love food as much as someone but if I can say this and stand firm this might just be one of my favorite things to eat on earth! YES I can actually say this. The potato, cheese and bacon melt in your mouth making you want more. As soon as I got home I quickly looked up how to make them as this is something that is going on my MUST make list for this coming weekend..... I figured you all might be interested in the oddly wonderful side dish as well.

Enjoy and I hope you love as much as I do!!

Ingredients
  • 2 cups mashed potatoes
  • 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
  • 1/4 cup sliced green onions
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 2 tablespoons softened butter
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1/4 cup sour cream

Directions

  1. Stir together the mashed potatoes, bacon, and green onions. Spread the mashed potato mixture onto one side of half of the tortillas, spreading to within 1/2 inch of the edges. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the mashed potatoes and top with the remaining tortillas. Lightly butter each side of the quesadillas.
  2. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Place a quesadilla into the preheated pan, and cook until golden brown and crispy, then turn over, and continue cooking on the other side until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Hope you have a wonderful fun filled day and evening.

Love,
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment