Friday, May 20, 2011

Addicted to sparkle skirts BUT......


little far away to see the RL's



Since my first time slipping one of those sparkle filled skirts on I have had a secret addiction to these skirts BUT it all changed when Team Sparkle sent me a care package full of goodies. One of the great goodies was what the team calls Race Legs Get them here!

Well,
I wasn't sure what to think of them at first. I normally run in knee socks and wear double socks. Running approved socks and then knee socks over them. This causes my feet to sweat a little more then usual but I usually just glide up my feet before I put double socks on and have no problems. Yes even when it is a monsoon rain like the Portland Half Marathon in 2010.

I wore these and at first they felt sort of odd because I was use to having my shoe feel a little tighter then normal but these made my feet feel so much better. I could breath!!!!! My feet felt lighter and my foot steps felt lighter. I even scored my self a 8 second PR. OK that isn't much but I had to walk a little over the HUGE bridge at mile 11. It was almost a climb straight up a steep hill. Ok so let me get back to the race legs..... I had so many comments like:

*OMG look at those legs they make you look so fast!
*Go crazy legs
*Rainbow Bright runner
*Clown socks (ummm no clown are red and white thank you!)
*hey lady where on earth did you get those socks i want a pair so bad!
*WOW check you out in that hot white skirt and crazy legs
*Go Half Fanatic in those crazy socks as I am crossing the finish line.

I wore them with a regular running skirt and a non (gasp) sparkle skirt. I wasn't sure what to expect so I went into the race trying my new race legs and my new singlet from the Half Fanatics group I just got into.

those colorful stripes are race legs. my drawer of skirts and gear.

race legs & Mr. P 

secret addiction to knee socks. all worn and i wear often. 

So I must say that I love NOT like race legs almost better then regular knee socks just because I can let my feet really breath. I would recommend these to anyone who has stinky sweaty feet or anyone who runs races in hot states like Cali, Florida or even here in Maryland.

Now here are a few pictures of my races in skirts or knee socks. Now you can see my addition with this picture over load....... 
Baltimore Half 2009

St Patty's Day 5K 2010

Where's Waldo 5K 2010

Travel Sparkle Skirt Virginia Beach half 2010

Baltimore FULL Marathon 2010

Portland Half Marathon 2010 (right before see my cowboy boot knee socks!) 

Rehoboth Beach Half Marathon 2010

Mardi Gras Half 2011

St Patty's day 5K and Mr P's first race 2011

National Half Marathon 2011 

Cherry BLossom 10 Miler black sparkle skirt with pink 2011

Clyde's 10K 2011


Fredrick Half Marathon 2011

Maryland Half Marathon 2011

2 comments:

  1. Race legs I could do. Probably not the knee socks though. And I can't imagine wearing two layers ofsocks!!

    LOVE the sparkle skirts =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU bling with the best!!! What a collection!

    ReplyDelete