Monday, June 13, 2011

A day of Kings Dominion!

On Friday Mr.P was off work and that meant a free day for us to have a summer day of me playing hooky or also known as me taking a single vacation day. We planned on it all week weather pending since the weather has been so hot, muggy and stormy. We also finally narrowed down what roller coasters/theme park we were going to visit. We tend to go to Hershey Park every year but this year we figured we take the 3 hour drive down to Kings Dominion since it has been 4 years and they have so many fun new rides. We left right at the heart of rush hour and thought we were going to be doomed with the DC beltway and Woodrow Wilson bridge traffic that DC and Northern Virginia is so known for. We made record time and even with leaving the house during rush hour got to the gate right as they were about to open.

Got the park map and came up with a game plan. We were going to try and hit every ride before we left as long as the lines were not too crazy. We wanted to go on the 2 big rides that everyone was talking about at least 1 time so when we made it in we ran right over to the first ride.
Intimidator 305

The Intimidator 305 was exactly as it was by its name..... Intimidator. As I got closer to it the line was so short we walked right onto the next set of cars and straight onto the ride. This means I didn't get a chance to even get scared or back out. The height of the coasters tallest hill is 305 feet. It then descends 300 feed at a 85' scary angle and flies along the track at 94 miles per hour. All of that height and speed is a 3 minute ride to the finish. Let me just say I screamed so hard I spent the next 5 minutes coughing and trying to catch my breath. We got off the ride and went right back on. I wanted to experience the sense of blur that we had seen on Discovery Channel about this ride. We rode the ride a total of 3 times before we moved on threw the rest of the park. 


We ended up hitting all the rides in a record 2 hours as the park wasn't busy as well. Score one for us!!! We made our way around the park hitting all the big rides at least 3 times and even did a few of the smaller "kid type" rides. All in all a great day of hooky for me and a great QT day with Mr. P.

Kings Dominion might just be one of my favorite theme parks other then Hershey park of course. Well that is only because Hershey has chocolate.

Mr P and ME at the park

Can you believe the park wanted 30.00 for this picture and the option to download at home and give you a little  Woodstock to sit on my hand. Crazy company to think I would spend that much BUT thank you for letting me steal it. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment