Monday, April 18, 2011

Just another Manic Monday….

I wish it was Sunday because that is my Fun Day! I have had this song stuck in my head just about all morning today thanks to a dear co-worker of mine.



Recap of a busy weekend:

Friday night went well I sort of forgot exactly what we did but it was Mr. Fat’s birthday so it was another excuse to eat desert before dinner. We ended up ordering a cheese pizza for dinner since its Meatless Friday STILL (insert grumpy non catholic here). This week is the last week of NO MEAT on Fridays and let me tell you this Friday the 29th will be the eve of my next Half Marathon and I plan to CARB LOAD with MEAT! This not eating meat on Friday’s is so hard.

Pizza from up the street. I can't wait to have meat on my pizza.
Saturday was a wash out. No really it rained and stormed for hours. We got our much needed grass seeded so I am going to cross my fingers we see something green in a few weeks growing or we are out $50.00 in grass seed. I had no idea grass was so expensive.

We did however get our errands done and scored a couple new buckets of paint. My shutters are on my mind to have repainted and up before Mom comes for a visit in May. (I placed this goal on my self) I also scored a small can of red paint to paint my front door. I can’t wait to share my before and after with you all. I am almost free of 80’s turquoise. I have had a small shade of it in almost every single room in my house but now we are down to the doors and the living room. This shows progress in the house since we moved in January 2010.


Here you can see the old shutters and see what I am dealing with! 





Sunday I ran the Clyde’s 10K in Columbia here and had such a great time as always. Last year I ran this with a couple of girl friends but this year I ran it with my running club and my dear friend from work Nona.
Last year at the event. 




 It was her first 10K and I felt like a MOM at it. Making sure she was ready to go. She and I have been talking about her getting ready for a 5K and 10K for a couple of years now. Now I am going to try and talk her into running a half marathon with me. She laughs and says NO WAY but I have a feeling one day I will be seeing her.
Nona & ME
Running group at the 10K


Hope you have a wonderful evening!!

I am off to be a slave over the shutters.

Love,
C.














No comments:

Post a Comment