Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday is full of GREEN!

Last night work out: Milo and ME walk 1.4 miles around the neighborhood.
ME outside: 8.9 miles with running club and 3.7 miles of it was Indian Runs with sprints up hill. Today my body hates me in every which way it could. I think my eye lashes even hurt!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Today is a day to ensure you have green on (don't get pinched!), drink green beer (sort of odd as most beer is not naturally green) and enjoy the Irish culture and celebrate.

Most Americans love this day as it's a day of fun in the local Irish PUB and a good reason to gather with friends.  BUT today is going to be a fun filled day for MILO and ME!!! We are meeting up with some friends from my RG3 group to run/walk with our pups. Rather then go and drink green beer and drink until we are hung over we are taking the Carbload less route and spending the beautiful weather filled day outside with our dogs. Our goal is to get in at least 2 laps around the lake to include a after tailgate with water for the dogs and greenies. YES I got enough for the other 3 dogs with us. I am THANKFUL to have my little buddy to spend the afternoon with in a healthy manner then drinking too much green beer, drinking too many car bombs and eating way too many Irish chips. 

Thinking of just a few things that are green and being thankful.

  • Green eyes given to me by mom.
  • Green money that comes in my bank account every other week in the form of a paycheck. I am also thankful for having a job.
  • Green in my home-I am getting much better at the garbage. Meaning I don't just throw something away. I am taking the time to rinse and recycle.
  • Green car- in 2010 I purchased my first Prius. I am not only saving money in gas but I have also become a much MUCH slower driver since the Prius isn't really a fast car or a sporty race car.

Why Saint Patrick's Day?Saint Patrick's Day has come to be associated with everything Irish: anything green and gold, shamrocks and luck. Most importantly, to those who celebrate its intended meaning, St. Patrick's Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide.

Here is a little Irish Friendship Wish that one of my friends sent me today and I would like to pass it on to you! 

AN IRISH FRIENDSHIP WISH



Good Luck!!
May there always be work for your hands to do;

May your purse always hold a coin or two;


May the sun always shine on your windowpane;

May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;

May the hand of a friend always be near you;

May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
Cheers Lad!

Love,
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment