Monday, March 7, 2011

Rock and Roll Mardi Gras Half Marathon Race Recap

Outside 2.1 mile neighborhood walk. Milo and Me. 6.2 Miles outside ME time!! I love how it doesn't get dark until 6:45pm!!!!

2:16:35 a New PR and the race that made me Half-Fanatic #838!!!!

What a fun time, fun race and amazing streets this course takes you on. In fact this was my 5th state running a half marathon in. Super exciting and even more exciting when I found out it was my 5th race in 5 different Team Sparkle skirts. I didn't even know I owned that many of those cute mini sparkle skirts. The race started on the other side of the French Quarter and was about 2.4 miles away from the start line. A long walk but a great warm up before the race. I had a fun family group out to cheer me on and that made me even more pumped up then anything. I felt strong, proud and wanted to make sure I got a PR and looked good all in one. Since the race is a Mardi Gras theme I thought everyone would be dressed in that type of costume and color so I wanted to do something different. Since the race was on February 13th only one day from Valentine's day I thought it would be cute do to a Valentine theme. Out came the heart knee socks, red Team Sparkle skirt and black Tshirt. I was ready and ready to look cute for sure!! I was running this race by my self so I thought but found out that one of my running club members was also in town for the race with his sister so we chose to run together and meet in Coral 8. John and I exchanged an email or two to set up a time to meet and let each other know what we were going to wear so we could find each other. So the needle in the hay stack started. I think every guy that was standing alone I asked them if they were John. The very last guy in the outfit that wasn't what he told me was him! I found him!!! We ran together until around mile 10 when my hip was starting to bug me and I need to stretch so I told him to go on and get a PR since this was his first race. We later saw each other at the end of the race. Congrats John on the first race and a PR of course! Oh and so nice to meet you for the first time out of state and not at a club event. =) See you at the next race. The rest of our vacation was wonderful visiting with my parents and sisters. It was nice to get out and all enjoy a new city together. 

Brooks running dude!
Looking good in Red Team Sparkle!!!

One of the houses out and around the city we ran past
City Park where the finish line is.
My Biggest Fan! Me and Mr. P. 
The whole family after my marathon enjoying some drinks of Bourbon Street.



No comments:

Post a Comment